At Eastlea Community School we believe it is important to have regular conversations with your child about staying safe online and encourage them to speak to you if they come across disturbing online content.
These resources provide guidance for parents and carers to keep children safe online. They will, amongst other things, support you to talk to your child about a range of online safety issues, set up home filtering in a child-friendly way and set up age-appropriate parental controls on digital devices:
- Thinkuknow by National Crime Agency-CEOP (Child Exploitation and Online Protection) provides resources for parents and carers and children of all ages to help keep children safe online
- Childnet has developed guidance for parents and carers to begin a conversation about online safety, as well as guidance on keeping under-fives safe online
- Parent Info is a collaboration between Parent Zone and NCA-CEOP, providing support and guidance for parents and carers related to the digital world from leading experts and organisations
- NSPCC has guidance for parents and carers to help keep children safe online
- UK Safer Internet Centre provides tips and advice for parents and carers to keep children safe online – you can also report any harmful content found online through the UK Safer Internet Centre
We also feel that it is important for you to have knowledge how how best to support your child with their usage of popular online platforms and social media apps. This is why we provide all parents with a weekly guide that is prepared by the National Online Safety Network.
- Mental Health-Social Media
- Live Streaming :A Parent’s Guide
- Discord Guide
- A parent’s guide to social media applications
- How to Set up Parental Controls to Limit Inappropriate Content- iPhone
- How to Set up Parental Controls to Limit Inappropriate Contents – Android